1.19.2007

craft of travelling (part three)

c) i am beginning to love wandering.. of not knowing where to go and what to do.

many times, i have been left by myself. normally, my hosts would get worried that i won't find my way home and/or feel bad that they couldn't accompany me. i've been constantly reassuring them that i'm gonna be fine. i'm a big girl now. and as long as i can ask directions and there's a form of transportation, i'd survive. actually, there's something about wandering that is so freeing. no plans to follow. no path i have to take. no schedule i have to keep. everything is up to me.

i have walked several miles just pottering around the streets of guadalajara and san francisco. i have hiked hills and forests in california. i have crossed train tracks and bridges just to get a better view of sites. i have waited in numerous airports and have wondered if i had the right time when the DST changed. i have slept in several houses, taken showers in various bathrooms, and snuggled in different beds. i have taken 4 chinatown buses, too many subway n metros, and have lugged my huge bag around NYC through the rain.

No comments: