4.27.2005

cashless debt

if we were to sum up God's greatest commandments, it would be this:
  1. love God.
  2. love people.
number one is pretty easy to follow. as kitchie nadal puts it in her song, "it's not hard to fall for You..."

however, as we come to number two, it gets trickier. you see, i used to love people. i even thought of taking up industrial psychology in college. yeah sure, the world is filled with people of different culture and personalities. i can deal with that.

but as i began to discover that the real world can be harsh and cruel, i have little by little built myself a wall of defense and suspicion. i was surprised when even the closest people in my heart were capable of hurting me. all the more when those whom i trusted so much betrayed me and stabbed me behind my back!

how can you possibly love people like them? the world i saw through rose-colored glasses turned out to be the opposite. when i thought obeying rule number two was a cinch, that's when He brought in the un-lovable (er, difficult to love) people. *sigh*.

i always make it a point to pay in cash. i don't owe anyone anything. except the one God says in Romans 3:8,

"owe no man anything, except to love one another."


so help me God.

No comments: