9.20.2005

blog-unication

In the School of Leaders module, I read that there are 4 Levels of Communication:

  1. “Cliché” conversation: it is superficial. Greeting, exchange of words without entering into detail, there is no acquaintance with people

  2. Conversation about others: Viewpoint is shown but one talks about circumstances or other people.

  3. Conversation where ideas and judgments intervene. Subjects are raised but there are no deep chats.

  4. Frank and sincere conversation where feelings are seen and one talks in detail. We should aim for this level.

I think blogging is a perfect way to reach the highest level at any time. You are not forced to pass by the lower levels of ostentation normally found between chatters which can sometimes be draining and time-consuming.

You go directly to your point. Write what you feel and seize the moment… while your emotions are high and the feelings are fresh…

Lately, I’ve been finding it quite cathartic.. therapeutic.. specially when there’s no one around I can talk to. It’s like having so many thoughts and feelings shouting at each other inside my head, but the moment I write them down, I slowly let each noise go.

And perhaps leave a piece of myself behind.

No comments: