9.17.2005

two cents worth

while i went about my routine check to visit other systems outside of town, i was left alone with nothing but my thoughts to mull over.

  1. any of you want to get me a present? all i want for Christmas (or new years, or my birthday, or no-occasion at all) is a map of the world. i would pin it up in my room where i can mark places i've been to and would want to visit. hmm, i think even a globe will do.
  2. that reminds me, these are countries included in my "to visit" list:
    • russia (specifically st. basil's cathedral)
    • afghanistan (i've been seeing emotional photos of this war-torn place. i would love to take them first hand)
    • any tribal place in africa (i particularly dream of being face-to-face with dark-skinned locals whose necklaces are as bright and colored as the rainbow)
  3. with the plentiful time i have to kill, i'm glad i brought my notebook with me. i realized i have downloaded so much mp3s that i never had time to listen to them. it rekindled my passion for easy-listening music. i am such a sucker for acoustic guitar. the strum.. plucking.. the tweaking sound.. just love every bit of it.. specially on STEREO.
  4. is it me or am i just a godchild magnet? one of our staff in La Union recently gave birth. the baby is due to be christened on December. she asked if i could be one of the child's godmother. "Sure," i replied and let out a faint smile. How could i say "No?" At some point when i was younger, i wondered why no one ever makes me their child's "ninang". sigh. i spoke too soon. now, i simply stopped counting.. can't keep track!
  5. with the price of oil and diesel soaring every minute, i am totally considering an alternative. like getting myself a bike. a mountain bike. it would make my short trips to and fro the metro more interesting. plus, i could use some exercise anyway.
  6. on my way home, i commuted on a bus and was fascinated when we passed by a group of farmers preparing for harvest. as i was peering through the window, one of them impulsively and candidly waved his hands at the moving bus. it put a smile on my face. i was tempted to wave back. that definitely made my day.

No comments: